Online Course Summary
This course provides detailed instruction for the ultrasound assessment of a fetus in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. This includes the complete anatomy scan including biometry, anomalies, twins, heart views, biophysical profile, cervix, placenta and fluid. Doppler evaluation and interpretation of the umbilical artery, middle cerebral artery, and uterine artery will also be included.
The course includes the following:
- Normal fetal anatomy and biometry
- Placenta anatomy, complications and how to determine location
- Umbilical cord anomalies, abdominal wall anomalies, cervical measurements and fluid assessment
- Biophysical profile parameters and outcome data
- IUGR risk factors, screening, the role of Doppler and what the numbers mean
- A comprehensive review of the fetal heart
- A review of fetal anomalies based on body region
You can purchase individual sections or the complete activity.
Enrollment is valid for 180-days following registration.
The presentational method for this course will be video presentation of lecture and case study review. This course is geared to meet the educational requirments of OB/GYN Physicians and Primary Care Physicians. Other physician specialties, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Midwives, Physician Assistants, and Sonographers are invited and welcome to attend. This course will encompass the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
- Identify growth disparities within certain ethnic groups
- Measure the BPD, Head circumference, abdominal circumference and femur length
- Identify placenta abnormalities and position, evaluate cervical incompetence, and evaluate amniotic fluid with ultrasound
- Perform a biophysical profile
- Identify fetal anomalies
Complete Course (6 Sections): $495
Anatomy and Biometry – $185
Placenta, Umbilical Cord, Aminotic Fluid & Multiple Gestation Pregnancy- $185
Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR) – $99
The Fetal Heart – $99
Fetal Anomalies – $185