The focus of this blended learning hands-on workshop is to educate students on the basics of ultrasound scanning for ObGyn Ultrasound. Students will receive access to our Complete ObGyn Online Course, which includes access to our online Introduction to ObGyn Ultrasound, Introduction to Pelvic Ultrasound, and Intermediate OB Ultrasound online courses for a full year. These didactic lecture materials can be viewed on-demand before the hands-on workshop date.
The hands-on workshops will take place at our Asheville, NC and Monterey, CA training centers.
Scan opportunities will include the non-gravid pelvic exam, the first trimester dating exam, 2nd trimester biometry and growth assessment along with biophysical profile, AFI, placenta and cervical length. Transvaginal scanning is included if 1st Trimester patient volunteers are obtained.
The presentational method for this activity will be video presentation of Lecture, Case Study Review, Hands-on Demonstration, Simulated or Live Patient, and Lab Exercises. This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of OB/GYN and Primary Care Physicians as well as Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Midwives, and Physician Assistants. This activity will encompass the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
Philips Healthcare has provided in-kind support for this activity.
Earn up to 18.75 CME Credits total (credits are granted for online materials only). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Recognize basic ultrasound artifacts
- Discover common pathology and limitations of ultrasound
- Perform a basic non-gravid ultrasound exam
- Identify the uterus, ovaries, endometrium and cervix
- Identify an intrauterine pregnancy and measure the crown rump length
- Acquire an M-mode tracing of the fetal heart
- Perform a biophysical profile
- Measure the biparietal diameter, head circumference, abdominal circumference, and femur length for growth assessment
- Measure the amniotic fluid
- Identify the cervix and placental location
- Communicate in a culturally-sensitive manner to patients who refuse transvaginal ultrasounds and discuss available alternatives
Hands-On Workshop Dates
Sat, Oct 7th, 2017 in Monterey, CA
Sat, Oct 14th, 2017 in Asheville, NC
Sat, Nov 11th, 2017 in Asheville, NC
Sat, Dec 2nd, 2017 in Monterey, CA
Sat, Dec 9th, 2017 in Asheville, NC
All of the hands-on workshops will take place at our Asheville, NC or Monterey, CA training centers.
To register please contact Julie Gaston at 831.595.2111 or firstname.lastname@example.org