The focus of this blended learning hands-on workshop is to educate students on the basics of ultrasound scanning for ObGyn Ultrasound. Students will receive access to our Complete ObGyn Online Course, which includes access to our online Introduction to ObGyn Ultrasound, Introduction to Pelvic Ultrasound, and Intermediate OB Ultrasound online courses for a full year. These didactic lecture materials can be viewed on-demand before the hands-on workshop date.
The hands-on workshops will take place at our Asheville, NC and Monterey, CA training centers.
Scan opportunities will include the non-gravid pelvic exam, the first trimester dating exam, 2nd trimester biometry and growth assessment along with biophysical profile, AFI, placenta and cervical length. Transvaginal scanning is included if 1st Trimester patient volunteers are obtained.
- Recognize basic ultrasound artifacts
- Discover common pathology and limitations of ultrasound
- Perform a basic non-gravid ultrasound exam
- Identify the uterus, ovaries, endometrium and cervix
- Identify an intrauterine pregnancy and measure the crown rump length
- Acquire an M-mode tracing of the fetal heart
- Perform a biophysical profile
- Measure the biparietal diameter, head circumference, abdominal circumference, and femur length for growth assessment
- Measure the amniotic fluid
- Identify the cervix and placental location
- Communicate in a culturally-sensitive manner to patients who refuse transvaginal ultrasounds and discuss available alternatives
Hands-On Workshop Dates
Sat, Oct 5th, 2019 in Monterey, CA
Sat, Oct 12th, 2019 in Asheville, NC
Sat, Nov 2nd, 2019 in Monterey, CA
Sat, Dec 7th, 2019 in Monterey, CA
All of the hands-on workshops will take place at our Asheville, NC or Monterey, CA training centers.