Online Course Summary
This course consists of a series of lectures, hands on scan instruction and case study reviews of the venous insufficiency ultrasound exam. The course begins in our “classroom” where you are presented with didactic material including venous hemodynamics, anatomy, scanning protocol, endovascular intervention and post-procedure follow up. You then enter the “scan lab” where our instructors perform exams on actual patients while providing instruction and scanning tips. Finally, you can watch our instructors review cases providing education and direction based on what they see.
The course includes the following:
- Venous anatomy in the lower extremity
- Venous hemodynamics
- Abnormal venous return
- Venous insufficiency scanning protocol
- Deep venous assessment including DVT
- Intervention procedures
- Post procedure follow up protocol
- Video scan instruction during a live exam
- Case study review of a variety of lower extremity venous exams
The presentational method for this course will be Hands-on Demonstration, Simulated or Live Patient, and Lecture with Q&A. This course is geared to meet the educational requirements of Vascular Surgeons. Other physician specialties and practitioners performing ultrasound without formal training are also invited and welcome to participate. This course will encompass the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
Enrollment is valid for 180-days following registration.
Earn 3.0 CME Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Change transducers and properly manipulate the settings to image deeper in the body
- Implement recent changes to nomenclature into practice
- Use proper techniques when performing the venous insufficiency exam
- Identify venous reflux and thrombosis
- Document venous insufficiency with ultrasound properly
- Evaluate lower extremity veins post procedure
- Identify venous thrombosis
Related CoursesCheck out our Online Vascular Ultrasound Courses Annual Pass!
Complete Course Pricing: $295Register Now