Online Activity Summary
The focus of this online course is to educate students on the fundamentals of the ObGyn Ultrasound exam. The course is divided by trimester and delivered over multiple platforms. You begin the course in our “classroom” where you are presented didactic material giving you a solid foundation of the basics of ObGyn Ultrasound. You then enter the “scan lab” where you can watch our instructors perform exams on actual patients. Finally, you can watch our instructors review real cases providing education and direction based on what they see.
The course covers material including
- Image Orientation and scan lab basics
- Normal pelvic anatomy including imaging of the uterus, endometrium, cervix and ovaries
- The 1st trimester exam
- The 2nd trimester growth and anatomy scan
- The 3rd trimester exam
- Biophysical profile, placenta, cervix, AFI
You can purchase individual trimesters or the complete course.
Enrollment is valid for 180-days following registration.
This online course is intended for Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Midwives, Physician Assistants, Sonographers and Perinatal Registered Nurses.
No CME Credits for this course.
- Learn to perform a basic non-gravid ultrasound exam
- Accurately identify the uterus, ovaries, endometrium and cervix
- Identify an intrauterine pregnancy and accurately measure the crown rump length
- Acquire an M-mode tracing of the fetal heart
- Perform a biophysical profile
- Accurately measure the BPD, HC, AC, and FL for growth assessment
- Accurately measure the amniotic fluid index
- Identify the cervix and placental location
- Understand basic ultrasound physics and artifacts
- Understand common pathology, indications, and limitations of ultrasound
- Image orientation
- Abnormal Findings
- Normal GYN Anatomy
- Non gravid pelvic exam
- Demystifying the Second Trimester
- Biophysical Profile
- Introduction to Transvaginal Scanning
- 1st Trimester scan – Transabdominal
- 1st Trimester scan – Transvaginal
- 2nd Trimester scan – Anatomy
- 2nd Trimester scan – Fetal Heart Assessment
- 3rd Trimester scan – Biophysical Profile
- 3rd Trimester scan – Measurements
Case Study Review
- 1st Trimester Case Review
- 2nd Trimester Case Review
- 3rd Trimester Case Review