Online Course Summary
Finally understand ultrasound physics with this engaging online lecture series. This course breaks down physics into clear concepts, interesting descriptions, and useful analogies. This course was created not only to help sonographers pass the exam but to provide a solid foundation of physics which elevates competence in the field. The course content is based on the ARDMS content outline for the SPI exam. Physics taught by a sonographer, for sonographers.
Enrollment is valid for 60-days following registration.
If you do not pass your SPI Exam you will receive another 60-days access to the course for free.
6.0 SDMS credits are awarded for completing this course. You will receive your CME certificate via email within 30 days of completion.
- Understand the basics of sound waves
- Comprehend transducer construction and function
- Explain the propagation of sound and its interaction with tissue
- Describe the principles of Doppler, including pulsed-wave, continuous-wave and power Doppler
- Understand imaging instruments
- Recognize artifacts related to sonography
- Comprehend vascular hemodynamics
- Understand bioeffects and quality assurance
Sample Classroom Lecture
Related CoursesInterested in hands-on training? Learn how we can send an instructor to you.
Course price: $195
- Six hours of engaging lecture material
- 175 question SPI exam practice quiz
- Hard copy course booklet
- SDMS CME Credits